Friday, January 22, 2010

Khalif and Ali at Play

My nephew Khalif celebrated his first birthday mid of Dec 2009. He is growing so well and is oh so cute. The girls love him and simple dote on him. Ali seems to like the idea of having him around too but I think it won't be long till they start having boy squabbles together. As it is they already fight for the same toys.

Khalif came over for a romp with the kids some time ago and Ali was trying to be the big brother, showing Khalif how to play. Ya, by trying to take everything away from him!
At this time Khalif is a fast crawler and can take baby steps holding on to his parents' hands. I have not seen him since ( ya, everyone has a busy parenting schedule) but I hope he can walk now.

He looks so much Like Murni, my sis in law, but has my brother's dimpled smile. That feature makes Ali and Khalif look so much alike. Guess it will only be the dimples to say they are cousins.

I also can't wait to hear Khaif speak. His first words are deep grunts, all that baby sound! He seems to have a rather deep voice unlike Ali's high pitches. I think if Khalif spent more time with the girls he will be talking in no time. I noticed that Ali's speech has improved tremendously and I am sure being around with his sisters helps very much with his development. Of course he has also picked up words I don't really like for example "silly" and it is so much trouble to kick him off the habit. And they fight, especially Nadiah and Ali. I thought the six year age gap would automatically cease that activity but I was wrong. Guess siblings will be siblings. Wait till No 4 comes, then we can see some different action.



No comments: