Friday, January 22, 2010

2010 Update

It has been ages since I have "visited" my own blog! Honestly, I have been just lazy. And there also has been a bad bout of "I don't feel like writing anything". However, all of a sudden there was a need to pen a few words down and I will try to keep you up to speed with what has been going on.

It has been a rather "diferent" past few months. I am well into my 6th month of pregnancy and I wish it could say it has been a breeze but hardly. As expected, things should have gotten better after the first trimester but NOT. Many of my friends blame it on the age, it gets harder and there are more uncomfortable moments when you decide to get pregnant late in your 30s.

I admit I have not been as comfortable as I was at this stage of my pregnancy, unlike the other 3. The worst, or is ot good part, is that I don't eat as well as I should be. There are times where I just don't feel like eating and I am quite happy to just go hungry. Not that there is no food in the house, far be it from that. I just don't feel like it! Nothing seems palatable.

My last check up was just after the New Year and thank God, baby is doing well. Doctor did say that the baby is normal sized, not too big and not too small but I myself sense that it will be the smallest of the three. As long as the baby is well and healthy, that is all that matters. In the meantime, I promise myself that I will try my bestest to eat as well as I can.

Other than the pregnancy, other good things that have been happening is school of course. Najihah is in Standard 4 and Nadiah is in Standard 3 this year. The good thing, both are in the morning session and I don't do that crazy running around with two sessions as I did last year. It is definitely not as tiring and actually leaves me time to think about even going out for lunch with my friends.

Initially I worried about Nadiah risi ng early, she is generally a late riser, she just loves to sleep. But she has adjusted very well, and I think she welcomes the sense of having more hours in the day. Both of their tuition classes are in the afternoon and so are their extra agama classes KAFA.

However, I am in a dilemma if I should continue with their piano classes. Advancement seems rather slow and they themselves have said time and again they are not interested and have asked to stopped. I remember how my mom used to force me to take piano classes and I lasted until Grade 5. I always promised myself I would try hardest not to turn out like my mom so should I let them keep at it or let them quit? I just worry that they have no avenue to vent out at and always felt that music is a good way to express one self. If there was an alternative I would not mind but they have not shown any interest to pursue other things.

Ah well ... the dilemma of trying to be a good parent! It has been a few months of not working and I am enjoying this domestic engineer stint! It can get a little taxing and stressful with the kids alone but there are always opportunities for a mom's time out albeit facial, friends or other recreational activities. All in all, I have enjoyed it and will continue to enjoy it. No complaints whatsoever. And when Baby comes, insyaAllah, there will definitely not be any time to spare.

Safe to safe we are looking forward to Baby no 4. The doctor gave me May 8 by the way. God Speed ....

No comments: