Monday, March 29, 2010

My Baby Shower

I am now well into my 35th week. Of course am anxiously counting the days and weeks for when the baby wants to come out. Only because am getting rather heavy. I guess being at this stage of pregnancy is the best time for a baby shower.

I have never experienced a baby shower before. Have only read about it in books and magazines, as well as seen it on Hollywood movies. My friends and I had organised one for the first time last year for our good friend Elona who lives in Jakarta.

This time it was my turn for a baby shower and what a wonderful surprise it was indeed. First of all, you can probably guess the sex of the baby from all the pictures so there is no hiding that anymore! I was only told to keep the day free and roughly the time I was required to be available.

Shake, the mastermind, had planned all the details with her committee (whoever you are, good job!!) and with Aishah as she was designated driver for me. Aishah said before going to Hazleen's house (I was informed the event would be held there) she had to go see her agent in KL first.

The best part is when we got there to the Hotel, I told Aishah I would wait in the car. She insisted I come down and we went up to the poolside. Just as I was about to ask her what is your agent doing at the pool side, I was greeted by SURPRISE from my friends!!! As I hugged and kised my friends, of course lah tears popped from my eyes. Such an emo I am!


They dressed me up in a banner that said "Mom To Be" and pinned a corsage on me made up of a cute baby shoe and pacifier. Really Shake .... the details you go into. I officically appoint you EVENT MANAGER for all occasions!

Everyone was just as excited as me I think! We had a good laugh at how surprised I was and quickly got into the groove of things.

Beautiful pink and purple cupcakes. It looked so pretty nobody really wanted to touch them but when we finally did, it was delicious.

This is me with all my hostess'. Apparently not all invited could come. Sorry I missed all my other good friends including my two BFF's who could not make it. It was a really memorable occasion and I want to take this opportunity to say thank you from the very bottom of my heart. I really appreciate it.

This is the main table. Love the details taken. Even the pink and white fork and spooons did not go unnoticed. Like a little girl's dream come true.

The theme was pink and white so everyone was dressed to it too. This is Sherie and Elo ...

Jami and Hazleen ....

Sophie and Suzana ...

Zaidah and Rafiza ....

Oh ya! We had champagne too .... it was HALAL ok! And tasted fuzzy. A cross between apple and grape juice.

We had games. This was fun. They were blindfolded and had to guess where my tummy was.

There were more games it seems but we got tired faster than expected so we cut out the last 2 games.

This is them guessing where my tummy was. Some even pointed at my face and shoulders. What a laugh!

The main table ... pretty isn't it!

The winners of the first game.

Another one for the album! Love the theme colour. Guess it is also no secret my favourite colour is pink.

They showered me and the baby with presents. Thank you for all the lovely gifts!

This is a nice shot. The poolside is an open area and when we took this shot the sun decided to come out. The ceiling had bamboo sticks lined up thus the reflection.

They made me give a speech which I did not want to cause I knew I would end up in tears. I managed to say thank you, wipe my eyes and try bestest to go on. I don't know what I said now, can't remember. But I hope you all know how much I appreciate the surprise and efforts you all took. It will be an occasion I will remember fondly always.

Can you imagine, there were even doorgifts! It was coin banks with pacifiers stuck to it!

And we went home with a photo frame on a giraffe stuff toy!

Pretty in Pink!

All in all, I had a great and wonderful time. Thank you to everyone of you for such a memorable occasion. I hope to one day do something as nice, if not nicer, for anyone of you in future. Love you all ...

1 comment:

Nazlin said...

Sorry to have missed it dear....from your words and the pictures....i m certain u had a fabulous time n u r one lucky lady to have such wonderful frenz.Also, hope the delivery will be a breeze...insyaallah.