Monday, June 15, 2009

Krabi June 2009

These are some pictures taken during the recent holiday in Krabi, Thailand. Some of you might wonder doesn't this family have anywhere else to go. Well, it is a nice place, really. The pace is good and ideal for a holiday mood. And a holiday is always about the food right! If you ask me how many times we have been there, I honestly can't remember. Too many times I think until most of the people know us there, especially the lady who gives Thai Massages on the beach!

Ali all smiles ... he was already down with fever at this time. Kinda spoilt the holiday for him I think but he managed to get some fun in too am sure
I like the mood of this picture. Such a classic! What with the sunset and all ...

The two girls trying hard to catch the waves on Aonang Beach Ali was sick towards the end of the stay. This is him looking so forlorn with a cool pack on his forehead



Najihah and Nadiah got their hair braided this time. They looked so cute, like Bo Derek! It took about an hour to do and cost me RM60 a head. Hmmmm ... holiday okay lah kut!




We took all the braids out a day before going back to school




Ali learnt to blow bubbles. He tried very hard to teach him and after many tries he managed to blow some




My friend Mimi went crazy over the mangga with pulut. It is delicious indeed. The pulut there is different and the santan that goes with it is exquisite




As usual, waiting for food. What is a holiday without food rite! I sincerely believe a holiday is all about food. One of the reasons why we opted for Krabi (again) and not Terengganu. The food there not as good as in Thailand




This is buah kelubi. I have never heard of it until I married Bob so ... and no, I have not tasted them. They don't look very interesting to me lah

On our way to Krabi, we stopped at Kok Lanta where our friend Rath stays. His sister and mom are excellent cooks and as usual we were given a spread fit for a king! Bob trying out fresh coconut with the girls

Was trying to get them to pose for a picture on our way to Krabi. So hard to get them all to smile, or look at the camera at the same time

All in all it was a good holiday and I am now on an official diet by the way. Have eaten way too much and it's so not good. I enjoyed Krabi a lot this time, felt very relaxed despite some sad news and Ali being sick. Can't wait for the next holiday!

No comments: