Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bob -- KL Thailand Cambodia Laos Part 3

Bob is safely in Cambodia as I write this in a seaside town of Sihanoukville. The ride there took him about half a day from Pattaya. The border crossing was not that smooth but there was not much protocol either or enquiries about bringing the motorbikes across the border.

He arrived late in Sihanoukville so I am unable to give you a description of the place. From what I gather, I think it is how Krabi was 10 years ago. Only one big 5 star hotel, Sokha Resort, but many little quaint guesthouses and "hotels" that operate from shop lots.

When I asked Bob what Pattaya was like, he said pubs and drinking holes everywhere. Just as I expected looking at the map and the way development took place there. It is probably another Phuket but maybe on a larger scale.

Bob will spend another night in Sihanoukville tomorrow and will leave for Phnom Penh on Monday. He hopes to be in Siem Reap on Tuesday and back in Bangkok by Thursday. He seems to be enjoying his adventure. Something he has always wanted to do. Some things you just have to get out of your system!

No comments: