Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Najihah0

My daughter is so excited cause tomorrow she turns 9. Time flies by so fast doesn't it! I look at her and can't believe how she has grown up right before my very eyes. And do you know that she looks different too. She doesn't have that baby face anymore. The look of pure innocence is still there but a growing girl nevertheless.

Being my eldest child, I have given her the best I can afford and I have to admit she is a little spoilt. I got my second child when she was one and half years and till this day she is still engulfed with feelings of jealousy. Initially when I got number 3 she was troubled with jealousy too and I had to comfort her. I always have to assure her that I love all of them the same. She is also the one to always ask me if I love her. A little bout of insecurity perhaps.

Najihah is also very shy, sometimes lack self confidence, doesn't usually talk to strangers and takes a long time to warm up. It is very hard to ever hear her voice and many of my friends have to coax and cajole her for answers to their questions.

Najihah is also the most temperamental and moody one of the lot. It is sometimes so difficult to please her. God forbid when she is one of her moods. Haiyah ... you would not want to be in her way at all! Her growing up years were not very easy for me as she is always throwing tantrums and she can get very, very stubborn. It has ceased a little now that she is older but not completely.

I am sometimes regretful for the way I reprimand her at times but honestly, she is the most trying child of all the 3. I have many times lost my temper and cool with her. Her stubborness and "keras hati" just rubs you the wrong way. I am sorry Najihah if ever I have hurt our feelings but it is not easy being a mother! (hahahaha)

But she is close to me and I dare say we are in many ways each others close friends. We do almost everything together except when she is in school. We almost like doing the same things (much to her father's dismay) and she is in every way a girl. She is soft and feminine. My little princess.

Can't help but remember the labour room and how painful the delivery was. The entire process was painful! Something that everyone has to go through I guess. Anyone who asks me how delivering a baby is I don't hide the truth but tell them it was PAINFUL. But isn't it oh so worth it when you look at their angelic faces.

I don't know if I am being a good mother but I am at all times trying my best. I just hope my best is good enough.

Happy Birthday Najihah. Lots of love from your Mama!

No comments: