Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Week in Passing

It has been a hectic week for me. And a very humid and hot one too I might add. I have been so busy with life that I have not had time to pen my thoughts down either. Also I have been going through a rather hormomal time. Sounds corny but really been feeling out of it and simply not in the mood. I think it's the weather more than anything.

Last Friday I got on an aeroplane and joined my SISTA's in Jakarta for a buying trip. It was rather last minute but I am happy I joined in. I only stayed 2 nights as opposed to their 3 nights therefore I was not able to do all that I would have liked to. All the same, it was a good break and I did enjoy being away. But as expected Ali was sorely missed.

My friend and SISTA Elona who lives in Jakarta complained that the weather there was getting hot. A little too hot for her liking. I told her what she is experiencing there is nothing compared to what is happening in Malaysia. Just this morning at 7am the temperature showed 27 degrees already. What's up with that! This is a major global warming problem and whatever are we doing about it. You want to save let's try to help and to live without the airconditioning but without it on, we can't do anything else can we!

The weather is making want to have ice cream all the time instead of hot and spicy food. But alas ... such is our diet! Even now I can picture a nice cool cendol. Ahhhh ..... I must find one soon!

The most exciting thing to happen this week is Najihah's birthday. She will be 9 on May 1 and she is definitely growing up. She has asked for an ice cream cake and I will pick that up tomorrow. We will eat the cake a day earlier or even as early as Friday morning cause we will be spending the weekend in Bukit Mertajam. Initially I wanted to ask my sis-in-law in BM to order it from the Haagan Daaz in Juru but then it would be too much trouble for her so I thot' better to just order it here myself and order it early lah.

I have yet to buy her a suitable present. Suitable! Hah! I think I used the wrong word there. Honestly I do not know what to buy for her. I don't really feel like buying her toys and she has books she still hasn't read. Some of my friends suggested a scrap book. Not a bad idea I guess.

It is really too hot to even sit here and write. Oh gosh ... enjoy the heat wherever you are my friends...

No comments: