Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Am 38

Another year has come and I just celebrated my 38th birthday. My ... time sure does fly by and before I know it I will be telling you about my 39th birthday. Wish I could say I don't feel a day over 16!



It was a relatively quiet birthday. Bob and the two girls are away. Bob took them to Thailand, this time to Sikao/Pak Meng though, not Krabi. It was just Ali, Khadijah, me and two maids. It was also a rather solemn celebration as I am still in confinement and not able to go out. Aishah came over of course and so did my girlfriends. Guess that was the highlight of the birthday for me!

We had a little tea party upstairs (being in confinement I have not ventured going up and down the stairs) The picture is a little dark, taken from my phone. But the objective is to show you the spread of food. Nikki was a little late and she brought rojak buah. I couldn't eat any but everyone claimed it was delicious. Guess I must try it next time lah.


This was my only birthday wish, chocolate mud cake, from my favourite cake lady. It was YUMMY!

Ali was the centre of attraction that day, and Syahnaz too (Shake's daughter). He seemed to have the most fun seeing all the aunties around, the food and the cake of course! I got beautiful presents from my girlfriends but really, their company was present enough.
I suppose as we get older a birthday loses its novelty like when we were young(er). I have always treated a birthday as a special day. It is your day afterall, something special to you and so should be enjoyed to the max. When I was working, I would make it a point to take the day off and do all the things I liked. Be it watch a movie, most of the time go shopping, and eat what your heart desires. When the girls were past toddler stage I would take them along with me and we would do some fun things.

Last year's birthday was rather sad though for my family as we lost my aunty (my mom's sister ) to cancer. She died on my birthday in the early morning. I was in Krabi at the time and didn't make it back for the funeral. It was in JB by the way. Her name was Khadijah, and I named our 4th bundle of joy after her.

This year's birthday was also special as we celebrated it together with Aida's (June 17). Aida will be celebrating her special day in Maldives, the lucky girl! Hope she has fun diving!
All in all, it was a good 38th and the year looks good so far. My birthday wish? Allah will continue to grant us his blessings, give us good health and a long happy life and always keep us in his light. Amin.

No comments: