Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Prayer

There is something so magical and awesome about holding your baby. Especially when they are just a few months old. I guess it is always overwhelming to hold your child but when they are babies like this the feeling is different.

For one it is hard to imagine that this baby, this tiny person, was inside you for nine whole months, feeding from you and breathing with you. Such a miracle God has created that the baby can breathe in your womb while swimming in all that water. The miracle of life!

Holding my little Khadijah now, I can't help but have tears in my eyes. Seeing her look at you with those big brown eyes, so helpless and completely at your mercy. Then I think of the pain I went through to bring her into this world. Owwww, words alone can't describe that feeling. Only another mother would understand what it is like to go through labour, the pain mothers have to endure, the agony mothers go through. In fact, even now, when I think about what it was like giving birth to the 2 girls and Ali, I can't help but have tears in my eyes.

Writing this makes me think about all those mothers, wives or not, who abandon their babies and throw them like they were a piece of used tissue. Where is the heart in them! Did they not carry that baby in them for 9 months, did they not go through the same pain as I did to bring that baby into the world. And yet, they can dispose the baby just like that, some with umbilical cord intact and all. I just don't understand what kind of humans these are. Monsters and devils in a human body. Either that or they are really SICK in the head and heart.

The worst thing is, the problem seems to persist and the number of cases seems to be increasing everyday. At least that is the official number we know, how about cases that are not reported or babies that are not found. Like everything else, we need not find the cure for it but instead we need to eliminate the problem entirely. Malaysians always find ways to tackle the problem by finding remedies. In reality we should prevent it from happening entirely. After all, prevention is better than cure. The rising number of abandoned and dead babies goes to show the mindset of the society we live in now. Which makes me very sad. This is the world that we are raising our children in. Isn't this a scary thought.

God bless this women, or girls, who have the heart to dump their babies. Let us give them the benefit of the doubt that they are not in the right state of mind. Crazy loonies perhaps.

God bless me as a mother and please help me raise my children as best I can to become good and sane people in future. God bless my children and always keep our faith in you dear God, always bless us with your love and guidance. Amin.

No comments: