Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ali in Hospital

What a weekend I have had indeed. When I got back from Bandung last Monday my son Ali was down with the flu and a fever. I took him to our family GP on Tuesday and was given flu/cough and fever medication. His fever subsided by wednesday but on Friday his fever was back and he was so lifeless.

Of course worried I took him back to the clinic and the Dr was also worried so he asked me to take him to the hospital. Reasons being because the fever came back and Ali was weak. Ali was also in the risk group so he didn't want to take any chances.

Immediately we left for SJMC, sorry SDMC now, and that was about 7pm. The doctor here ran a blood test and results came back showing a viral fever and low blood count. Oh no .... dengue??? Yikes, Ali was admitted and I have been here since.

Tonight would be the third night at the hospital. His fever subsided already on the second day we stayed here so I was confident we could go home today but alas, doctor wanted him to stay one more day just to be sure he returns home fully recovered.


It's not dengue and I doubt its the H1N1. It is just a viral fever thank god. He was extremely active today and I think the other patients are probably cursing this noisy little boy on their floor. Today he was all over the hospital room. Silly me I didn't know there was a fridge here and Ali found it for me. Hahahaha...
Ali here is crawling the walls with boredom. He was feeling better and active!

Today was extremely funny too. My mom came back and brought Ali this little aeroplane not realising that the noise it made was really loud. Am sure the entire 3rd floor could hear it so we had to take the batteries out. We had to tell Ali it was spoilt and the little boy was really upset.

He is dying to get out of this room, everytime Bob comes by and is about to leave he would climb up and ask for a car ride. Must be dying of cabin fever my little Ali.
Hopefully the doctor will say it is okay for us to go home tomorrow. I don't think I can take another day here either. It is kinda restful being away from home, treat it like a little holiday eh ...

2 comments:

anis said...

Alhamdullillah he's doing fine Yati, same for the 2 girls. All 4 of mine caught fever & cough last week, but thankfully they recovered after day 5. Yup, better let them stay at home than school. rest well! I'm sure you haven't had rest since bandung :-)

Sundaelicious said...

Thanks so much for your kind words Anis. Really appreciate it. Ada jugak kawan-kawan yang care about what happens to me and my kids.

You better take care of yours, nasib baik the haze has cleared! Sekarang tengah all out pump in vitamins and cod liver oil!