Friday, August 28, 2009

Desserts Galore ...

I had break fast with my mom last night and came back very full, as usual lah when you eat at your mom's place! Last night's event was made more memorable cause two of my aunties and two of my cousins came too.

We had Mak Itam and her daughter Sarah as well as her grandkids Ameera and Kristen. We had Mak Ngah and her second child Kak Hani. Kak Hani stays in London but is here cause her father had a cardiac arrest two weeks ago and is still in hospital. That's a different story.

She gave us some good news yesterday: she is coming back for good next year. She says she has had enough of living in England and wants to be with family. Infact, since her brother (who was staying in London too) got married last year and moved here, all her siblings are here.
My kids playing with their cousins after their stomachs were all full ...


This was dessert ... my aunty bought them from a place called Baker's in Ampang ... simply delicious! Aishah and I helped my mom with the bread and butter pudding. Now that I am writing this I am thinking non-stop about it! Sigh ... the falls of fasting..

It was nice to just sit and chat and eat ... share old stories and tell what's going on in our lives. It is not easy to get the whole clan together but this little dose is good enough. On the table in the big jar is the trifle my mom made, also very delicious. You are probably saying this is all dessert, what did we eat for break fast. Hahahaha ... break fast was good lah but never as good as the desserts!

From left: Mak Itam, Mak Ngah and Kak Hani. They were full but waiting for desserts!

A closer look at the desserts my aunty brought with her. The eclairs were to die for. The chocolate one used dark chocolate and I love dark chocolate so it was a real treat! Just look at the fresh cream .... yummy ...

It is very seldom that we get to buka puasa with aunts or uncles and cousins so this was a real treat eventhough the invite list was small. I hope to organise a buka puasa with the cousins but not sure if its a good time with an uncle being in hospital and all. Let us all pray for his speedy recovery.

Hope everyone is having a good Ramadhan ...

No comments: