Monday, August 17, 2009

No School

I have declared next week a holiday for the girls from school which means they get a two week break only. This is a fluke too cause Nadiah who is in the afternoon session doesn't have school. An annoucement was made last Thursday they would close a week due to a case of H1N1.

Question: Why close only on Saturday onwards and not Friday which was the next day. Why was that Fridau so important for them to be in school.

Question: Why does the morning session still have to go to school. Even if it is a different session, isn't it the same building, same classroom etc.

I am sure many parent will not send their kids who are in the morning session either. As it is last week there were hardly many pupils in class and I suspect this week will be just as bad. Exams are over and there won't be much to miss I assume. I know it being a Chinese school there will be much the girls will miss but I doubt that is more important than their health.

My sister was telling me that in Australia, the number of cases for H1N1 was so high that they couldn't be bothered anymore about taking precautions so it is business as usual for them. In Mexico, it was just the opposite. Death numbers was rising so the Government closed down everything which resulted in a major decline in the economy. Wonder where we are ...

No comments: