Monday, August 3, 2009

A Part to Play

Have you ever taken some time to wonder what is happening to our country, to our world and to our lives in the long run. Have you ever taken the time to think how we can help make this world and this place we call home a better place. I am sure we all (at least I hope you do) cringe and sigh in disbelief at half if not all of the things that take place these days. You name it and it is happening. All too scary for me.

Crime. Black magic. Dirty money. Irresponsible civil servants. Corrupt corporate sector. Hate. Distrust. Pollution. Disease. Am sure there is much more but that is all I can think of for starters.

Of course we all want a better place for ourselves, for our kids, for our families and for our loved ones. I am also very sure all of us is doing a part to keep these things from affecting our quality of life. But how much do we do is enough! I ask myself that all the time, if I am doing my part to help my earth, to help my people and to help my country.

Sometimes it seems futile and whatever we try to do gets lost and drowns in the sea of good deeds cause there is so much bad and evil out there already. It is not like Hollywood movies where the good wins over the evil in the end of the day. It seems like however much good we do to try to make things better, it gets even more lost. For our good to fight the evil we have to join forces and be united. But it ain't that easy ... I can see that.

But I really hope that this little bit that I am doing will eventually pay off. Ya, it might not mean much when I am the only household along my street that recycles everything but I pray that it will eventually and others will play their part. I assume one person doing it is better than none.

That is only the tip of the iceberg of what we have to do to make this place a better home. Michael Jackson sang about these things before ... Man In The Mirror I think says a lot.

Let's all look in the mirror and ask ourselves these questions.

No comments: