Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Ramadhan

Happy School Holidays Moms and Happy Fasting to everyone. I started last week and the fasting month in Bukit Mertajam. Just came back last night, or early this morning. Internet access is not very good at my mom-in-laws place so was not able to enter any postings.

We went back there last Wednesday and ushered the Ramadhan with her. My two daughters succesfully got through the first and second days and I look forward to many more days before the school session begins next week.

Najihah and Nadiah surprised me by being ever so RAJIN in the kitchen. Growing up young girls that I hope I can count on in the kitchen when I get older. They helped their grandmother do everything ... from chopping garlic, to tauhu to frying roti arab.

Yesterday we broke fast at my sis-in-laws place also in Bukit Mertajam and they helped out too. Infact I had to go back to mom-in-laws place to pack our stuff and they wanted to stay there to help with the buka spread. What a proud mom I was!

As this week is still the school holidays, I will definitely spur on their interest by being in the kitchen today and making sure they are there to help me. I think by the end of the school holidays fasting would be a breeze for them and insyaallah they can get through the whole month.

I picked up our raya clothes during my stay in BM. Looks like we are all ready for Raya then. hahahaha ....

Plan to make some cookies this year, more for us than for guests as our cookies never look presentable enough for guests. Have too many helpers including little Ali.

Hope everyone has a good week ahead!

No comments: