Friday, September 18, 2009

Hari Raya is here ....

The Hari Raya balik kampung exodus began last night for many. Today will be more hectic I assume since they closed schools today to allow parents ample time to bring their families home for the Eid holidays. I expect that Saturday will be even more terrible on the highways with families rushing home at the last minute.

What about me then? Which part of the crazy team am I? Well, I am here in my room in Ara Damansara. I confirmed that I was expecting early this week then a few days later had some light spots. Told my gynae about it and she suggested bed rest. We cancelled our balik kampung plans and will most likely spend Hari Raya here. This will be a first for me as I have never ever spent it here. Before I got married it was always in Taiping and after marriage it was in Bukit Mertajam.

I have always wanted to spend it here, cause I heard that the city is really nice and quiet so I guess this is my chance. Of course my mom and mom-in-law are sad that we can't come back. They want to see their grandkids more than anything of course. Well, some things will just have to wait!

In a way, it would be good to be here. For a change and don't have to go through that stress of making everyone happy by being at so many places at one time. Hahahaa ... know what I mean. This way, no party can get upset with you. Bob was saying that he may take the kids back just for a day to Bukit Mertajam. Oh well ... now that means I will be here all alone. Wonder what that would be like! GULP!

I know some of my friends will be spending Raya here. I even have cousins who spend Raya here if I am up for bed rest how do I get around then. Hmmmm ....

Anyways, Selamat Hari Raya to all my friends. Minta maaf zahir dan batin....

No comments: