Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Masks

It has been a good week with the kids being away from school. At least I don't have to worry about H1N1 all the time and making sure they have those surgical masks on their faces all the time.

This evening I saw the Health Minister on TV during the news hour and he was speaking about H1N1 but you know what! I just could not concentrate on what he was saying. He was talking so slowly and his droning on and on was ... well, boring! Which is sad because I am sure he had important points to get across. Not sure if it was him or what but maybe reporters, TV ones especially, should take more effort when they are editing. Instead of showing every word the man is saying, what is wrong with giving key words or shorter excerpts. Like a rap! hahahaha ....*wink*

Am just wondering what is the best way to make it more appealing to listeners thats all. This may also count as ranting. Guess I will just have to read the papers about what he said tomorrow.

This morning's newspapers was even more sad, there was an article on H1N1 and I haven't seen one of importance in awhile. This was quoting our DPM and he was saying it is up to schools if they want to ask kids to wear masks or not. Is that really the news??? DUH! I am sorry if the reporter and the editor who thought that was the news feel offended. But honestly, is that really what parents want to hear!

WHO has called this a world pandemic and they worry about wearing masks or not. I mean I know that is an important deterrent (some doctors say otherwise) but isn't there more earth shattering news to share!

Cest La Vie ...

No comments: