Thursday, August 14, 2008

Block

Sometimes you get writer's block and sometimes you just don't feel like writing. Other times you are just plain busy. It has been a little of each for me this past week. Been busy, trying to organise our little short holiday to Perth. It is cold still it seems so you worry you have not packed enough to keep the kids warm.

Kids are excited about the trip cause they get to wear all this warm clothing. Najihah wants to see snow but I told her there is no snow in Perth. Her reasoning was simple: its cold, we have to wear sweaters and jackets, so wht isn't there snow. So I had to give this explanation about positioning of the country etc. Not sure if I did a good job explaining though. Geography was a long time ago you know.

We are omly going for 4 days. Seems simple enough but it is a feat to pack anyway! The last time I was in Perth I was six years old so of course I don't remember much of it at all. I only remember seeing kangaroos. Hmmmmmm...

Another test for me during this trip is my son Ali who will have to endure the 5 half hour plane ride. Going to the doctor later to get something to make him drowsy on the flight. Don't think I want to tire myself walking up and down the plane! And I want him to get there fresh, not tired out!

I remember when Najihah was two we took her to London. The syrup the doctor gave didn't really work for her so she didn't really sleep on the plane. She was tired and jet lagged when we arrived. She wailed so loud that the immigration lady called us forward from the back of the line (thank god) and she wailed even louder when the immigration chap was asking us his 20 questions. So trick is for speedier immigration checks, make your kids holler as loud they can. Hahahahaha!!!!

Anyways, happy school holidays! See ya when I get back.....

No comments: