Monday, August 11, 2008

My cousin's wedding

The bride, Natun, and my niece, Murnira, at the mosque while waiting for the akad nikah

Do you like weddings? I like weddings...because it is the beginning of the end! No lah, but seriously ... weddings are heart warming and I like the look on the faces of the bride and groom. They look so happy and contented with life, full of hope of their future together. The beginning of their new lives together.
Raof and Natun on the dias at the bride's house.

My cousins-in-law, Kak Rosnijah and Amyza.This was the night of the reception on 9.9.08


My cousin's and aunties at the bride's house after the akad nikah at the mosque


My cousin, Raof, just got married. He chose the date 8.8.2008. Nice huh? A bit of a cliche if I say so considering that the Tok Imam didn't want to come to their house for the nikah ceremony so they had to go the mosque. They and some hundred other people! Because there were 5 other couples getting married that day. In a way, it took out the specialness of the moment. One of my auntie's said it was like waiting your turn at the ticketing counter. The Tok Imam just lined all the groom's up and went next, next and next. Oh well ... but it went smoothly and we only had to wait an hour and a half.

The brides (seated front row) waiting for their turn at the mosque.


My cousin, Kak Lina, was rather busy on the phone. Earlier, her car was broken into and she lost her notebook. She only realised what happened when we were on the way to the akad nikah as she was in shock still when I picked her up!


My uncle and cousin digging into the spread at the bride's house. The ayam dish was very tasty

The next day, 9.8.2008, was the wedding reception at my other cousin's house (Raof's sis). We cousins were given duties months ahead so as to make sure the reception went smoothly. I was to help with the pelamin and other duties. When they say other duties, it really means a lot.


My cousin, Kak Hanizah, making sure the hantaran trays were lined up in order at the bride's house
I like it when my cousins get married. We all get together and put our heads (and hearts) together to make the event a success. It brings us closer together and we share a lot of laughs. It makes the "job" more fun! We have done a few weddings together and it has come to a point where we all know each other's strengths and weaknesses.

My cousin Kamal busy on the phone while the bride and groom were taking pictures after the nikah at the bride's house

The wedding cake at the bride's house. See Kamal! At least I have it on record now...HAH!

We have a a designated emcee, a designated buffet line head, designated chief usherer and security personnel too!


My cousin, Kak Hanizah, she is Raof's sister. This was during one of the planning meetings ... she was giving us our duties!

These are some of the pictures, hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

The pelamin which I helped my cousin's with at the groom's





Raof and Natun smiling from ear to ear and also tired of smiling Me and my babies!
(From left) My daugther Najihah, my niece Fara, my daughter Nadiah and niece Maryam Raof and Natun during the procession at the groom's reception

1 comment:

Matapena said...

Very nice. Yes, tell me about weddings. Memang penat nak manage. Especially with the interference...