Thursday, October 23, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

It has been a rather busy week for me. Started with Monday and how time flies, it is Thursday today. Funny how time waits for no man. So cliche!

A lot has happened this week in my household. The best thing to happen is my Nadiah's 7th birthday tomorrow. There will be no party this year. Told her big girl already lah, we take you out for dinner okay. She has asked for escargots by the way. Her favourite dish! Not bad for a 7-year-old eh...

I did get her a cake though. She asked for Barney. I said Barney, as in the purple dinasour? Aren't you a little too old for Barney??? She said no, her rationale was easy. I have never had a Barney cake before. Okay lah, it is your birthday, so colour yourself happy then.

Do you like birthdays? I do ... I like the presents and that special feeling where it is your day. Ob my birthday I usually make it a point to not work and have fun the whole day, doing what I want to do. I have been contemplating asking the girls to skip school tomorrow so we can do some fun stuff. Stuff they like of course since it is her birthday. Maybe catch a movie, or go to Aquaria. Then I figured it was not so ethical for a mother to ask them to skip school just because it's a birthday rite. Rite?

What else happened this week? Monday was the most eventful day for my entire family. Especially for my mom. I do want her to know though that whatever her decision, we, as in my brother and sister and I, will be beside her no matter what. We are always here to support you mom.

Tuesday came and went. I can't remember what happened. Oh yes! My cousin who sells Indian cotton came by as my aunty wanted to see. My aunty bought about RM1k plus of material so that went well. I was also cornered into buying a piece. Not the word is cornered! Ya, rite!

Yesterday was a good day too. Oh ya! I am going to Jakarta for a SISTA's buying trip. I have missed the last few trips due to my body being needed here by Ali but I stopped breastfeeding him so now I can go. I am quite excited about the trip. Can only imagine what 5 women can do in Jakarta besides buying for SISTA of course. I am anticipating a lot of fun and laughter. It has been awhile since I went somewhere without the family to take a break. I am a bit apprehensive about leaving Ali as I have never been without him but you have to learn to let go. That's what my SISTA's say.

Hope you had a good week so far!

No comments: