Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An Eventful Week

I have been married for 10 years and after 10 years, Bob has finally decided to hold an open house. Technically Hari Raya is over when we host it but what the heck rite! Think of it as a get together for friends. Many friends! He is actually inviting his business associates more than anything. I am just jumping on the bandwagon and inviting only my closest friends. I wonder what it would be like. I can't imagine! We have had many people over to the house, the most 50 people I think. That was my cousin's gathering and the other day my GGG girlfriends and their families for buka puasa. This open house the guest list I heard is quite extensive. I guess that is what you get when you have never had one for 10 years! Hahahahaha.... I am quite looking forward to it.

Considering that it is such a last minute decision, Bob is busy, as I write, with his guest list. Wonder how long it will be, he has many many many friends and many more business associates (and such). This will be fun wouldn't it. Earlier today the tent guys came to check out the site. Hmmmm...interesting. There will be tents and all, macam kenduri kahwin pulak!

This week has thus started to get busy with me. My mom-in-law is also here. She arrived yesterday and there are some things she wants to do before she goes for her haj next month. My mother is also going to Iran on Friday. She is delivering a seminar paper at some conference. Can't even remember what the conference is but she is coming back on Nov 5 at 3am. Guess who has to pick her up.

On top of that, SISTA is taking a booth at the Eco Fest organised by Bijou Bazaar. Its for an environmental cause. That will be on Nov 1 and 2 at ASWARA (Akademi Seni dan Warisan) on Jalan Tun Ismail, off Jalan Parlimen. It starts at 10am and ends at 6pm. Hope to see you there.

Oh yes! I have also decided to send the two girls for extra agama classes organised specifically for the school holidays. It will be daily Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 12pm. Kinda early but at least their school holidays won't be finished playing with Barbie dolls only. I know it should be a time for them to rest and relax and what not but when they have so much free time on their hands it is not so good rite. Oh ya....I forgot they will also have to continue with tuition during the school holidays. Some time juggling for me to do there. My sis-in-law asked me if I wanted to enrol them in swimming classes yesterday for 10 hours. What do you think? I think it is good, they need to really learn how to swim. But now I am worried if I am taxing them too much. Or wait, they are too young to know what that means, aren't they!!! I don't realli like to stress them out but when they are so free they can drive you up the wall.

The last and most important bit of news. I am going on a buying trip for SISTA on Nov 5. Am going with my SISTA girlfriends. This will be the first time I am away from Ali. Am a bit worried about that but my girlfriends say I have to let go eventually. I will have to see it as much needed break, and I will come back refreshed just like any break is suppose to do for you!

God speed....

1 comment:

Matapena said...

I will be there for the historic open house. Must take pictures. Archive this for future generations. Now isn't this better than a Datukship for a hindu star... err... Hindustan? :)