Thursday, October 16, 2008

maids! (they don't even deserve a capital "M")

You can't live with them and you can't live without them. All kinds of horror stories we have heard about maids kan. Have I written this post before? No that was about foreigners. Not maids per say ... so that doesn't count.


This maid I have has been with me for seven years. She is very good. Hardworking. Quite efficient and trustworthy. Which I feel are the most important points. The only thing I cannot stand is that she is getting forgetful. Then when you ask why or what or whatever she will say oh sorry I forgot. Haiyah...so easy to say one. And what can you say when she said she forgot right?


My friend just this morning was complaining about her maid. It is a new maid who just came and the maid put chillie in coffee. HUH? Stupid is as stupid gets right. Oh well ...


I know there are mixed feelings about whether to get them or not. How about me? Can I live without a maid. If I don't have a maid I would probably go a little crazy I admit. Cause then I would have to worry about keeping house clean, laundry, getting the kids ready for school, their meals and Ali running around the house. If Ali was a little older, yes, it would not be a bad option to do without a maid. I could be like some of my other friends who just get cleaners who come in on a regular basis.


But really, the problems some of these maids give you. There is always a friend who has a maid problem. It all boils down to luck I think. We should just thank our lucky stars we don't get the maids that abuse our kids till the extent we have to install CCTV's all over the house. Or we don;t get maids that out soap powder in milk formula. Just this morning my friend was telling us about this Indonesian maid who pissed in the drinking water in the office. Go figure lah ...


It is as if maids or should I say Indonesians, are a different species of human beings like that. Which is so unfair and degrading to look at them that way. But sometimes they don't act like they are human. I have relatives who are Indonesians so am trying best to see them in a good light at all times. But honestly! That ain't easy.


So for all of us with maid problems ... try and smile a little.

No comments: