Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Petrosains --- Ggggrrooowwwllll....

The girls are always bugging me to take them to Petrosains and I always argue and say they are too young and not that interested in science yet to actually read all the exhibits to fully understand what it all means.

Today I gave in although I would have enjoyed Aquaria better. For one there is less time spent there, albeit more money for the entrance fee, and watching fish swim around seems more relaxing than reading about science and kinetics if you ask me!

Oh well, I also found out why they like to go to Petrosains. It's those cars that you have to ride on going in and out. Oh dear....I bet they would love Disneyland then eh!!!! But anyways, I made them go through everything and I think they enjoyed it. How did I find out it was those cars, which according to the exhibit directory is the car ride through darkness or something morbid like that lah, is because when we arrived the cars were not functioning so we had to walk into the exhibit area.

They were having this dinasour exhibition too so we went in there first. It was a small exhibit only but very impressive I must say. The dinasours were live like and robotic. So they actually moved. I had to tell Nadiah over and over that they were not alive, it was robotic. The thing that surprised me most was that Ali did not even flinch. I was expecting him to get all excited at the sight of those giants moving around but he just sat in his stroller looking the least impressed. He gets more excited when he sees the kittens!


The only part Ali seemed to like about the whole exhibit was the playtime in this lorry. It was an exhibit on how kinetics work. I can't remember what exactly it was about now but I know it amused him cause he has this thing for buses, lorries and cars. He also got very excited when he saw the F1 car of exhibit. Too bad he is too young to ride in the cars, they had the video game version where you can actually drive it. Like in the video game parlours.
This is the biggest of the exhibits at the dinosaur area. The caption on this exhibit was interesting. These two dinasours are fighthing so which do you think will win. It actually had sounds coming out too, growling and all.

Of course this was the highlight of the show for many visitors. Petrosains was packed and we were that at 10am. There were many school trips. So nice to see the place doing well.

This dinasour was laying eggs and eagerly watching over them hatching. Nadiah insisted I take a picture of the eggs to show Bob!

See how Ali looked when the dinasours were figthing! It is so unlike him!!! I think he had a good time all in all. I guess next best place to take them is the National Science Centre. At least no chances of retail damage there (for the mama lah!!!)

No comments: