Monday, March 16, 2009

Poor Little Kitten

I should take the pictures before telling you the story but I don't have time. I must tell you this story and I can only imagine what your reactions would be.

Ali almost killed the kittens. Yes, he did. And how he did it will get you cringing. My cat, her name is Komek (courtesy of my little sister, Aishah), was here in this house before we moved in. When we moved in we decided to just take care of her. She cleaned up pretty good after that and has a whole string of litters. I think I have written about her before and how I have a pet cemetary going here. Well, just to recap then, many of her litter have died. She just had two more kittens.

Really cute they are. One is jet black and the other is black and white. Najihah named the latter snowflake. The black cat has no name yet. Well of course Ali has taken a real liking to the kittens and we make it a point to never and I mean NEVER leave him with the kittens.

The other day he almost crushed one of them to death with his little hands. We heard the little kitten squeeling and quickly saved it. But the other day we were all too late to stop him. He came down and being the sprinter he is, he ran straight to the kittens, picked them both up and sat down. He has silently observed how lovingly his sisters play with the kittens and I guess he was trying to do the same,

He sat down with them and with each kitten in each hand, he whisked them in the air and threw them across the room. AHHHHHhhhhh.... the screams from his sisters. We are just so lucky they are alive. But alas, blackie was all quiet on the floor. We all panicked and worried it was dead. Slowly, it twitched and moved. It got up ever so slowly and crawled slowly. Slowly, it was on its legs. I thought the little kitten was crippled but a few days later we noticed the kitten's head was not straight anymore! Arrrgghhhhh ... ALI!!!!!

I have to take the poor little kitten to the vet now . Sigh ....

No comments: