Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Trip of A Lifetime

I will be going for a trip on Sunday. A trip I have been waiting for quite some time now. No, its not Paris. Better than that. Will be going to do my umrah, insyaallah. Best part is, the whole family will be going. Yes, even little Ali.

Am really looking forward to this trip as I have wanted to go for quite some time now. The last time I almost could go but didn't. Bob went in 2007 but I was carrying Ali, I was 7 months already I think, so I stayed home. Was so sad then.

This time, God has opened his heart and Bob agreed that we all go. Alhamdulillah. It will be for 12 days. We will be back, insyaallah, on April 9. The girls will be missing school. It will be an out of classroom experience which I hope they will remember. They are so lucky to be able to go at such a young age. Oh ya! Taking the maid too. She is so happy to get to go.

I have put aside some clothing to bring along already but still have some last minute things to buy. I have to think for four people now including me and that can be quite taxing. I am trying my level best to relax as I really don't want to be stressed out.

I am not sure what to expect when there and what it will be like with the kids, but I plan to keep the mind as open as possible and not create expectations for myself. I have received advice from my friends and also my mom. Thank you all, I appreciate the kind thoughts. As one of my good friends just said, "Go with zero expectations and come back with immesuarable spiritual satisfaction." God willing ...

I have been there before also to do the umrah but as I was telling my friends, I was young then and did not fully appreciate the experience. This time I feel I am mentally and emotionally prepared and I know what my purpose is. When I went in 1992 I was still so young and naive and not at all as I am now. I didn't fully understand the reason for our being and our existence. Age does these things to you I guess.

I really feel now is the best time for me to go. Maybe it would be best to do it alone some of you may argue and not with the children. The thing is I can't bear to leave them for so long and I want them to experience it. To be aware of spiritual essence at an early age.That is my wish and desire but I can only plan, the rest is up to the All Mighthy. But as my alma mater goes: Do your best and God will do the rest. AMIN

No comments: