Monday, November 3, 2008

The Biggest Do Ever

Our Raya open house was a great success, thank god. The weather was good to us, the food was excellent and the crowd was great. We have never had one before so we were both pretty anxious and nervous. Bob kept going over his guest list and worrying we didn't have enough food. We really did not know what to expect.

Bob was saying this was not only an open house event for us, but might as well be our house warming, our baby showers and arrivals and all the birthdays put together.

We had a good spread of food .. too much choices I think but everyone was happy, I hope. For those who missed it, well...too bad!!! (just joking lah....)

We had nasi with lauk kampung such as daging curry kawah, curry ikan kering, ikan bakar, sambal belachan and ulam, acar, pulut and ikan kering, bubur kacang, mee rebus, mee goreng, kuey teow, chicken chop and the ABC (all the way from Penang).

Of course the usual kuih raya, the best tasting ones of course, and a spread of cakes, local and western.

We had four lambs...which finished very fast. We had to let them go slowly so it would last till 4pm or so....
This is one of them beeing cooked ....yummy! soft and juicy and so succulent...

We started preparing for the big do a day before. This involved cleaning and sprucing up the house. Here you see the gate being oiled...wood needs this regular TLC to ensure it keeps looking good while some workers put up the tents and fans outside



My good friends from school never fail to "memeriahkan" a party! Here is Nik Sheireen, Aida, Shikin and Jami. Thanks to most of my good friends who turned up. I don't have many friends so my list was pretty short. I did miss my BFF's though...Fara and Nazlin .. you were thought of!


This is me and Ali and my sis-in-law, Ayu and her daughter Arina



Bob invited some orphans and about 30 of them came. They enjoyed the spread and the treats!




More GGG at the GGG table, Adeen, Natasha, Fatin and Nikki, enjoying the food. How many rounds of lamb huh?




The kids entertained themselves with our cat, Komek, while their parents chatted and ate



Bob and me and our little Ali, at least we took a break to take a picture. This was way before Bob changed uniform into his comfy jeans and t-shirt




Chicken chop and kuey teow, fried when ordered. A hit with the kids these dishes. Oh ya! we had spaghetti too


Ahhhhh...this is the ABC that came all the way from Penang. It was delicious!!! Creamy and not too sweet. The vanilla ice cream adds a nice touch




Bob taking a quick bite while entertaining his guests playing the perfect host. Either that or he was worried the lamb would finish fast




The tents set up outside the house. We had to call for one more at the last minute for the mee goreng and kuey teow caterers



Bob teaching Ali how to be a good host


I finally got to serve some VIP guests my best Noritake dishes and Dansk silverware. It has been in the cupboard since we got married!

Me and my sis in law, Ayu, striking a pose before we went back to mingling. Bob invited quite a few of his business associates too


My best friends and cousins found a cool place of the house to hang out and enjoy the sights and sounds. Thank you so much for coming, your presence liven things a lot! I don't have pictures of some of my other guests who I really wanted there though...oh well, you know who you are. Here is (from left) Shuk, Shu, Hizreen, Ebi and Fairul

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kenyang hari tu! Nice food Yat. Must do this again next year ye...