Friday, December 12, 2008

Road Trip Preparations

The preparation continues for the great road trip. Just checked the weather and it may be really cold up north of Thailand which means I have to bring as little warm clothing as I can especially for the kids. Ala .. worse to worse just buy what we need there right!

So many last minute things to see to. Well, not that last minute lah considering as to how I haven't even packed clothes in the suitcases yet! It is all laid out but putting them in the bags is another issue.

Bob will be preparing the car today. I have to buy Ali's milk, planning on four tins of the 1kg size. Hopefully that is sufficient. Not sure if they have that brand of milk there. Worst case is he has to drink whatever they have.

We will be taking the Land Rover Discovery and the car is still in the shop being fixed up to ensure it is in tip top shape. Changed the brakes, put up spot lights and what not.

We even put a storage box on top of the Disco and we have quite a few baggage to bring. As light as we packed some stuff still required. The kids will be sitting in the middle with me but one would have to sit right at the back. Rath, our Thai friend and logistics coordinator will be joining us from Kok Lanta onwards.

Am getting rather excited! Have bought a journal to log into incase I don't have time to blog it out. Then will record it. Oh my....

Part of my preparation was to buy food rations (MAGGI) just in case we do not see a decent place to eat or there isn't one and the kids get really hungry. Bob even bought a portable stove, real cool! I had to buy a kettle to bring along and guess who is the one who can't let it out of his sight. After shopping, he didn't want to let it go, he even slept with it in his car seat! Best I take it along with us so when he is noisy or bored, I give him his kettle to keep him quiet!

No comments: