Friday, January 2, 2009

January 1 2009

I had a pretty good New Year. Ushering in 2009 was different compared to all the other New Year's Eves. For one Bob was not around. He was in Krabi yet to come home from our Road Trip. Secondly, I spent New Year's Eve with my GGG buddies. We had dinner and lots of updating on what we have been doing and our New Year resolutions.

That was really different as my other New Year's have all been spent at home I believe. There was one spent in Bukit Mertajam I think. Can't remember. However we didn't get to see any big fireworks shows from Zurni's place in Seri Kembangan.

Nik Sheireen brought some fireworks for the kids but there was no grand show. The kids enjoyed it though so that was good enough lah.

The food was good too. We had lotsa seafood. I bet if we went for a blood test today the doctors would scream at out cholesterol levels! We had chilli crab which Zurni cooked (delicious). butter prawns and fried squid from Nikki, steamed fish from Zurni, roast chicken from me, kuey teow from Hazleen and too much carbonated drinks. Oh yes .... Zurni's honeydew juice was really yummy!

We also celebrated Lan's birthday (Zurni's husband). He turned 40. His birthday is on Jan 1 but his parent's registered it as Jan 7 or 8. Funny eh!

We ate lovely desserts of fruits, ice cream, cheesecake and chocolate mud cake. YUMMY!

What are your resolutions for 2009? I don't know if I have any ... they never seem to materialise anyway. Or maybe I just don't try hard enough so for 2009, BE HAPPY!

God Bless and have a good 2009. Year of the Bull is next. That should be interesting!

The company was good ... I think that made it special. Thanks girls for a good start to 2009!

No comments: