Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ice Cream Delicious

ICE CREAM. Yummy. Generally everyone loves ice cream. There are not many people I know who don't like ice cream but there are some who don't. And they do not know what they are missing.

Just look at the lovely luscious colours of ice cream. Doesn't that look just so enticing! My kids love the colours especially Nadiah. She is a abit more adventurous and would go for flavours like baby blue and bubble gum and rainbow.

Ice cream cones with sprinkles is another temptation for the kids too. It must be the cuteness of it all!

What is it about ice cream that makes your heart skip a beat and your taste buds shudder in excitement and aniticipation. I myself love ice cream. Of course these days I have to really control my cravings due to obvious reasons but if I could, I would eat just that and that everyday. My kids are the same. They could just eat ice cream and be happy!

This is a classic that one just cannot resist! A traditional ice cream chocolate sundae. Would never fail to comfort you anytime. When depressed, don't sulk and wallow in self pity. Go get some ice cream. I bet you will feel much better. Which is why I always have ice cream in the house no matter how small it is. Even a mini cornetto can save the day! *wink*
Nadiah has been experiencing some stomach pains lately and the doctor has asked to eliminate some food items for us to determine what is the cause. First off the list are dairy products. OUCH! She can do without cheese and milk for a week but ice cream....hmmmm...quite a challenge.

This is another classic meal that may people like. Waffles and ice cream. I personally prefer ice cream with just maple syrup but ice cream on top is a treat for many.

Ahhhh ... the star of all ice cream sundaes. The sundae that inspired this blog for me. Delicious' chocolicious sundae which my friends and I so fondly call Sundaelicious. A treat for anytime! Trust me ...
Of course if you were to ask me my favourite flavour is chocolate. Belgian chocolate from Haagan Daaz. Baskin Robbins' chocolate mousse is not so bad either. I now keep a tub of belgian chocolate in the fridge most of the time. And yes, it costs me RM30 for a small pint. But it is so worth it! Just dip in your spoon and taste it. Smooth and creamy and oh so satisfying.

Najihah and Nadiah enjoying an ice cream cone. They enjoy any form of ice cream for that matter. Even the Nestle vendor's ice cream can make them smile.


The soft swirl is another classic. The best would be Ikea's and McDonald's for me. In London, the ice cream vendors at the side of the road always catch my eye. Stick a chocolate flake in ... oooo....yummy! I remember when I used to spend my holidays in London, that would be the highlight of the day for me. It would probably still be!

Go ahead. Make your day. Have an ice cream ...

No comments: