Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4 2009

My little Ali is 18 months today. One and half years old already. Time flies by very fast doesn't it.
He has not started talking yet except for a few words like Mama, Ayah, shoes but it comes out like "ssshhzzz". He says nak very well and knows to shake his head no when he doesn't want any or to do it. He knows wash hands and he says "wesh". Recently he started calling his sisters "Ada" (Nadiah) and sometimes "Aja" (Najihah). He says "bek" for everything else and frantically points his finger to whichever direction.
I can see that he gets a little frustrated because people cannot understand his frantic or desperate cries for whatever it is he wants. I am hoping that this frustration will speed things up a little! But I can tell that he understands when we talk to him. Today he proudly gave his father sometime when I asked him too.
And what is it about children who mimick adults when using the handphones. Ali is no different and does it very well. Right down to walking around and talking and sometimes the hands would come up in animation.
Today is also the day my uncle passed away to cancer. Exactly 2 years ago on this day. He had been battling cancer for a a little less than 4 years and finally succumbed to liver cancer. He leaves behind his wife and 2 beautiful kids. My cousins, one is Lily, is doing well in college here in KL while the eldest Aqil, is trying to find his feet. He started working but we are seriously hoping he would go back to his studies.
My uncle is the youngest brother of my mom. He was an architect and had a hand in designing our Ara Damansara house. Of course there were many little arguments Bob and my uncle had during the construction of the house but all in all, it brought them closer and they became good friends.

My uncle used to come over for tea a lot during the planning and construction stage and his favourite dish for tea would be cucur with fried sambal ikan bilis. Can't help but think of him when we have this dish. He would sometimes ask for ikan kering with it too! We miss him dearly.

Al Fatihah.

No comments: