Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Wish for Today

I have been rather busy these past few days and have not had the time to write a post. I must keep up to my good friend Ebi's words that I remain active on this blog. No matter how short the post. He said you must just keep on writing so that is what I will do.

I have the bug. Know what bug? The bug to travel. I wish I had all the money in the world. There are so many places that I still have not seen and I wish I could. But flying here and there requires money and so does hopping from hotel to another.

That is my wish for today. That I have all the money in the world to do just that. I think over the year I have asked Bob for us to go everywhere. From London to Paris, to driving around France and Europe and even Egypt. Of course Australia is a destination that I have not forgotten and would love to see more of.

We were so excited when we returned from our road trip in Thailand. Even then there is the other side of Thailand which we still have not explored.

When our friends Nita and Safa came over for a visit (they live in Perth), we talked about travelling by road around Australia. We have identified the month of March to drive from Perth right up to Darwin. This we will have to do in a month as the kids can't skip so much of school, can they. Can't they?

If we really wanted to do the whole of Australia it would take a good 4 to 6 months. The luxury of time is another thing I should wish for isn't it!

Oh all the places we have yet to see. So much so I don't like watching the travel channel as much as I used to anymore. I don't know when I can ever visit those places for real. Then there is also Africa. I was viewing my friend's pictures from South Africa the other day. She was in Johannesburg. So exciting it all looked.

Imagine visiting all the waterfalls in Africa such as the Victoria Falls: One of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World, the Victoria Falls is one of the most spectacular world heritage sites on Earth.Discovered by David Livingstone in 1855, the Vic Falls is the largest curtain of falling water in the world and one of Africa's top tourist attractions. It is located where the Zambezi River drops into the Batoka Gorge between Zimbabwe and Zambia and is two kilometers (about one mile) wide, dropping some 108 meters (335 feet).

A visit there would be so awesome. I visited the Niagara Falls with my folks many moons ago but that doesn't really count I guess because I was 5 or 6 or something like that. Thank God I remember it though but I know to see it now woukd be different all together.

I have been to Paris but that is one place I would love to see again because I feel I didn't enjoy in to the fullest and I know it would be really romantic to do it with Bob. It is true what they say about Paris, there is something about that place that gets your heartstrings. Of course there is also Rome and Venice and the entire Italy to see.

So you see my friends, we have to find that money tree fast. Of course we all want big sprawling houses, nice branded handbags in every design and colour, expensive gem stones to adorn us, fast cars to drive etc. But there is nothing like travelling and exploring the unknown to open up your horizons.
Then when you come home you appreciate what you have. Either that or decide to move to another country which you fell in love with.
Whatever it is, this is my wish for today. To be able to travel all around the world. I hope the Genie in the lamp is listening ...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again. I so agree wid u. Let us pray we find the xtra rezeki to make our travels possible. In my case I've given up listing my other half as travel partner as he is always too occupied wid work etc. Taking cue from Lilian Too, I should make time to travel & wealth will come my way --she'd better be right!!