Monday, July 27, 2009

Baby Shower Anyone?

It has been a rather hectic week for me which explains why I did not write anything last week. But I must share with you what happened to me (and my girlfriends) last Saturday. A good friend of ours, Raja Elona, is expecting her 2nd child and the baby is due Aug 8. Elo, as we call her, stays in Jakarta but she has come back here to deliver her baby.
The beautifully set table .... the theme colour was blue and white
The beaming mother to be, my friend Elo ...
Shake ordered these really pretty cupcakes that looked too good to eat. Check out how Elo, Zurni and I are drooling over them. They had this very intricate handword done , amazing how art farty a person can be! And they were delicious too

One for the album ...
Two of my friends, Shake and Jami, had decided we surprise her with a baby shower. When we first heard the idea we were wondering what it was all about as it was a totally new concept to us. But these two friends convinced us it woukd be a hit and we went along with it.
Infact, these two friends planned everything and what planners they were. We held it at Oleen's house in Kelana Jaya and Shake and Jami did the place up so nicely it looked oh so cool! And as sweet as ever, it was like walking into a nursery. From the balloons to the decor, such as confetti, and the table setting ... it was all so pretty. I am sure all of us were wishing we could have one for ourselves next!

We had to tell Elo we had an AGM for SISTA and she was prompt as always. She opened the door and we all yelled SURPRISE!!! I loved the look on her face, she was so shocked she didn't really know how to react. Then she finally got a look around the room to see the balloons (which said BABY SHOWER on them), the decor and the presents. But I think it onyl finally sinked it a few minutes later.

We had so much fun cause there were games ( imagine us 37 year olds playing games) but it was oh so much fun. Shake and Jami even hired a pro photographer and I can't wait to see the pictures.

The best surprise of all was that Shake told us to wear white tops and blue jeans so that the mom-to-be (who she assumed would be wearing a colourful blouse) would stand out. What a surprise for us cause Elo came in a white top and blue jeans too. It looked like we were all in uniform!

There were cupcakse (SO PRETTY!!!) and lots of other food that we could not finish eating even we stayed there the whole night. A jelly cake with a baby on top, nasi dagang, spaghetti and I can't remember what else.

Shake and Jami even had door gifts for us. And each game we played we received presents too. So nice ... like being a kid again.

I had a blast and I am glad Elo did too. And happy she liked all our presents too! All the best Elo and good luck come Aug 8!

No comments: