Friday, July 17, 2009

Everything Comes in Threes ...

What a day it has been, guess all I can see Thank God It's Friday (?????) Then again not sure if there is any significance to that.

My morning started as usual, I sent Najihah to school and came home to get Nadiah ready for KAFA. Nadiah has been sick for the past few days -- a fever and tonsils. The fever has been infectious, of course, and Ali was feverish last night and this morning. After I sent Nadiah for KAFA, Ali and went about the usual routine -- making the beds etc. Oh wait! Forgot to say I found our kitten dead on the street, hit by a car. Poor Ali, he did seems a bit traumatised, or disturbed is a better word I think. He has been repeating it the whole day : "Ngeow Dead Car" Hmmmmm ...

Anyways, when I opened the doors to let Ali play outside on the verandah this morning, he stepped on a bee and was stung: "Owww Bug Mama" Tried to take the sting out but couldn't find any. The maid taught me a trick, to take any flower and smother the sting with it. It seems to have worked.

Halfway through the morning my handphone rang. "It was Najihah crying, Mama I have a headache it's very bad, please come and get me" Of course I rushed to school cause it must have been really bad for her to call. It's the first for her. Took her to the clinic and yup, she has a fever.

So here I am at home with Najihah who is sick and Ali who is bordering a fever and had a bee sting. Nadiah has gone to school after being absent for 3 days. Her tonsils are still a little swollen but her fever has subsided.

We found a big bee hive outside the house and the pest control people are coming to take it down tonight at 8pm. It has to be done at night so they can't find their prey. Which means we have to everyone out at 8pm later. My mother in law is on her way here as I write so I have called my sis-in-law to say we will have dinner at her house while the pest control folks do their work!

Let's see what the weekend has in store! How much more exciting can it get ...

No comments: