Monday, July 27, 2009

There are Blogs ....

I guess blogs are a good way to wish your friends and relatives Happy Birthday. They are also a good way to express yourself especially when you can't say it anywhere else or any other way. I am trying to think back why I started this blog and it was due to a friend, a very good friend, who insisted I do it as a way to document my life. This friend always insisted that I was a good writer and I had churned out some good thoughts on paper in the past. Hmmm, I dunno about that but what I can say is, since I started the blog it has been an avenue for me to say things that otherwise would never be heard, what more written.

There are people who write utter nonsense in their blog, there are also people who use it to sell whatever merchandise they might want and there are also people who use their blog to exercise that freedom of speech. I like the latter as it is fun, entertaining and highly educational (?) to read their blogs. It is always interesting to see and read what people have to say and how they say it. I don't really like blogs that put anyone or any organisation down, that can get a little wee bit too personal and even harsh. It is however comforting to know there is such a thing as freedom of speech then. Then again, didn't I read somewhere that the Government was monitoring certain unruly blogs. AHAKS! Freedom of speech, does it exist then!

In view of all this, I guess I must once again say thank you to this friend for pushing me to start this blog. You know who you are ... thanks babe!

No comments: