Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Am Really Going

I am doing the unthinkable today. I am going to Jakarta with my girlfriends. For four nights. And five days. Without the kids. Without Ali. I have left the two girls before and besides they are older now. But to leave Ali is the hardest for me. I have never been without him yet.

The worrying part for me is at night because he sleeps with me. Even if we were to go out for dinner he won't really fall fast asleep until I come home. Of late he has taking to lying on me at nights. Sigh.

My girlfriends keep saying it is part of letting go and there is nothing wrong or bad as it is just four nights. Four nights. Short and yet long. I am sure I will enjoy myself but I know I will miss my little Ali. I have left a blouse for him to "smell" and remind him of me. This is an old petua lah which I have used before and it seems to work.

A trip away is supposed to make people around this house appreciate me better when I return. I wonder. My eldest has also been rather stressed about this trip. She threw three tantrums already since yesterda and I know she is worried that I am going away. Nadiah even asked me why my friends can't go by themselves. And yet they are excited cause I won't be around for me to bug them to go to sleep.

I am sure all will be okay lah at home. Let's just go and have fun right!

See you next week!!

1 comment:

Matapena said...

You forgot Bob! You're leaving him too! :O