Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's the Holidays

Initially I was a little worried about the two girsl being bored during the school holidays but so far so good. I started sending them for Tahfiz holiday classes. It starts at 8am and lasts till 12.30pm. The thing is, it's all the way in Shah Alam but at least it has them occupied half of the day. Quite mean of me huh for not letting them enjoy their holidays completely.

If they are at home all day, they will get bored, trust me! I have been there. It ain't that bad, and it is only half a day. It gives me time to finish up work without cries of "Mama, can I pkay games on the computer" or "Mama, she did it first". I also get to spend some quite time with Ali, more like catching him and preventing him from hurting himself lah.

The maid also gets a chance to clean their rooms, if not they will be in there 24/7 playing and arranging those little minute toys of theirs. Ahhhhh....there is peace in the house until they get back :)

On top of that they also have tuition for their Mandarin classes. Twice a week. But that is at home. Piano classes go on as usual on Saturdays. My sis-in-law was asking about swimming classes the other day. That would be good and also keeps them busy!

It has only been one week but at the rate time flies by these days, I am sure the holidays (one and a half months of it) will go by very fast.

The first weekend we went to Janda Baik. The second weekend we are going back to Bob's hometown in Bukit Mertajam (my in laws are going for the Haj). The third weekend is free. Hmmmm... Then we have Hari Raya Haji coming up. Bob said we may go somewhere then. Hope so. Beats having to take them to Aquaria and PetroSains over and over again. They love that place. Without fail we go there every holiday. So far I have not taken them to the zoo yet. I hear the state of the zoo is deplorable. I would love to take them but the journey and the heat. Oh yes, but it has been raining everyday so that idea is out for now.

So, what are you doing to keep your children entertained?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh how i can relate to this. for the hols, i have mandarin tuition mon to friday, speech & drama classes every thurs & fri from 12-1 and hip-hop dance classes on saturdays. The kids kelas mengaji stop during school hols coz ustazah nak bercuti. hmmm...Nways, baru 2 weeks and i'm feeling so00 tired with the driving around & the fact that I need to fuel up more now. But it keeps em busy & gives me some hours to do my own thing :P