Monday, February 2, 2009

Do YOU Believe in the Tooth Fairy?

Do you? My girls do. Or at least now they do lah. Hmmmm ... and I guess that is my doing isn't it?!?

What is wrong with believing in the tooth fairy? It is just a myth I know but they really get all excited and you should see their faces light up in the morning when they find the shiny coin under their pillow!

My BFF scolded me saying I shouldn't let them believe in all this "mengarut" things but oh well ... they will realise soon enough it was me rite! In fact, Najihah already asked me once if it was me and I said, "Why? You don't believe in the tooth fairy?" Haiyah ... we live in such a violent and vicious world with war, botox and crime. What is so wrong with having a little fairy tale in our lives.

Even Nadiah chided her elder sister for believing in the tooth fairy. She said it is mama lah! There is no such thing as the tooth fairy. But when she woke up and she found the shiny 50 sen coin she shut up lah!

There was once, Najihah was cleaning her tooth as it was kinda dirty. She didn't want the tooth fairy to collect a dirty tooth see. She dropped it in the sink's hole. She cried and cried so I told her to write a note to tell the tooth fairy where it was. She wrote the note, it was so adorable. I kept it of course and left her 50 sen. She was so happy.

There was another time, I chased them to bed and said if you don't sleep the tooth fairy won't come. Najihah aske dme how do you know. I said I read it in the book of tooth fairies. Hmmmm ... I also read in this book of tooth fairies that she won't come if there are grown ups in the room either!

Besides, in this book of tooth fairies, it says she will only collect a maximum of 5 tooths from each child.

Just when they were doubting the tooth fairy, their grandmother told them what the tooth fairy did with all the tooths she collected. She changed them into pearls and made a necklace. So there! My mom even wrote my little sister a note once which was from the tooth fairy. The tooth fairy apologised for being late as she was busy! I am laughing as I write this.

Yes, it may be harmful but as I said, as they grow up they will know it was their mother all along. They may just thank me for adding a little wonder to their life. Let them take their time in growing up. Life isn't is it, rite, so what is wrong with a little fairy tale once in awhile. Besides, what harm can the tooth fairy do.

Unless she uses botox lah ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHHAAH...I'm laughing out loud lah.!! My gals are soo penakot, they usually throw their tooth up the roof so that the tooth fairy don't come near them when they r asleep. They sure want the money tho & have written notes to the fairy to put the money in their piggy banks instead...special request lagi hehehe

sherie merry said...

My kids really believed in them & used to be very excited whenever their gigi cabut !! RM 1 is a lot to them.