Friday, February 20, 2009

Kiss and Make Up

Friends. They are so very important to us aren't they. I believe so and I know a lot of my friends think so too. One of my girlfriends told me that friends are just like any other relationship. It has to be maintained. It is also very much like a marriage. It needs nurturing and maintenance. Lots of TLC and hugs and kisses.

But friends come and go don't they. Not all. I have friends that have lasted me a lifetime, 37 years of it too! Okay lah ... 30 years then. Yes, I still have my friends from when I was 7 years old and I am happy to call them my friends. Real friends. We help each other out when in trouble and are good sounding boards.

When I have something troubling me I will normally turn to my friends. Unless of course it is a delicate matter and will talk to my husband. But most of the time, I go to my friends don't I. Why because they usually don't judge me. Or at least I think so. But when they advise or share their opinions, I know they are being honest. I know that what they tell me is exactly how it is.

I have written about this topic many times before I think right here on this blog. Only because my friends are important to me and I hate it when there are "issues" among us circle of friends. There are some friends who don't (or at least I think so and if I am wrong please forgive me) feel so strongly about friendship and they have put aside some friends because of differences that cannot be tolerated with any longer.

I am not perfect either. There are certain friends which I don't want to call friends anymore. Actually only one. The rest are ex's that I don't want to associate myself with anymore and that is different right!

I feel sad about these friends who cannot reconcile their differences. Sad because in their anger and frustration they end up hurting each other more. So blinded are they by what I am not sure that they cannot see anymore that friend or friendship they once had. They have lost respect for that other person and do things with total disregard of how that other person may feel.

I don't like to see my friends like this but it seems this is the way it is going to be as far as they are concerned. Actually in writing this I have forgotten what I was trying to say. Whatever it is I am upset that these two friends are at odds with each other! I wish I could change the sitiation but it beyond my control.

So here ... have a good look at this picture of pure innocence. His only concern is how do I climb over that couch or how do I jump into that pond without being stopped by my mom. What a life he has at the age of 19 months. What does he know about friends etc ...

Mama ... I want to jump in the pond!


1 comment:

sherie merry said...

Agree with the TLC in friendship. And giving-in is also part & parcel of friendship. But I guess sometimes it really hurts most when they don't appreciate what we do to them.