Thursday, February 5, 2009

Roti Paun

Have you ever heard of roti paun? No? Well ... this is what it looks like.

It is not that bad actually. It is really soft, yea ... like the dinner roll you see at the back there. It melts in your mouth. It is supposed to have butter and sugar but I didn't see the butter and sugar. I did get litlle whifs of it though but not much lah.

My friends who were covering the recent by-election in Kuala Terengganu were raving on and on about this roti paun in their Facebook status. Of course being the kepoh that I am I asked what it was and they raved more about it. So much so that Sajahan actually brought back like 20 loaves for his friends. Yours truly included lah.
I followed his instructions to a tee. Popped it in the oven and enjoyed it. It was good although I could imagine what it would taste like fresh from the oven. I added more butter on it. And dipped it in oxtail soup. It was delicious ....!
Too bad there is no by-election in Perak as expected. God knows what my friends would have discovered then!

No comments: