Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Dish I Suddenly Remember!

I used to hang out a lot in Bangsar when I was in Sunway College. No need to know why lah! Not part of this story. At hat time, there were still stalls infront of McDonald's and it was famous for its big rats. Malay Mail always carried these stories, remember?

Well, there was a stall there the first stall to be exact, run by these group of young men. I used to eat lunch and tea a lot at this stall cause the food was really yummy. Either that or that time I didn't know any better. To give a time frame to this story, it would be around 1989 to 1991.

My favourite dish there was the nasi goreng ayam. It was spicy, yet not so, it was tasty, no ajinomoto used, and the chicken was just rite. I used to have it with chilli sauce and a nice oily telur dadar.

YUMMY!! I kinda miss it now...dunno where to find them!

Of course I order this dish once in awhile when we go to mamak stalls and all but it is never quite the same. Then again, I haven't eaten at a roadside stall in awhile, have I!!! Hmmmm, thought to ponder about.

No comments: