Friday, July 11, 2008

Where I was ...

I started work when I was 25. Came back from the US of A and joined New Straits Times as a cub reporter. Worked there for a good 7 years plus. I also took the opportunity to read the late night new for TV2. That lasted for about a year or so. It was fun but the politics there was unnecessary.

Then I joined Tourism Malaysia. That lasted less than a year. Stayed home with the kids (then 2) for about three years and finally joined Prestige Communications doing PR. Can't say I am crazy about PR.

What would I rather do? Only my closest friends and loved ones would know. But honestly given a choice, I wouldn't mind going back to reporting. Miss those bylines and headlines. Used to get such a thrill from reading my byline everyday. It was an adrenaline rush and an addiction. Had to get one everyday if possible. Did some great things when with NST. Parliament was my beat and yes, it was like that way back then too!

To all my friends I made at NST and the media, miss you all. Wherever you all are....Again, it was the friends that made it the best experience ever!

6 comments:

Matapena said...

We had great times then didn't we? Scooping every one right in their faces. Combined our skills into one. I ask the questions, you made sure we got the chance to meet our targets... then followed by nice luncheons at great hotels and malls. Those were the days!

Anonymous said...

Hi T,

You were the bestest editor at TM (then again, THE only ed I know who's crazy over Stuart Weitzmans'). Didn't know wat happened (I was down wid fever for a week & thought u went for Mega Fam or something'==blur).

Anyways, congrats on yr new blog & stay cool (p/s: heard SW at KLCC wl have a biggie sale soon :)

Matapena said...

Anis? Where are you now by the way... :)

Sundaelicious said...

Hi anis....

hey! Add me in your facebook friends! And yes...am still gaga over stuart! Dah pi dah the sale...on the first day lagi...hehehe...

Anonymous said...

T,

Tot so,I can picture u juggling wid a handful of SWs to d parking lot :) FB? yes-yes

Hi Ebi,

Actually stumbled upon Yati's blog at yours while `taking' my son for a cyberspace-tour (for his school project). Have been a silent reader for 3 mths o so. Vely good too, esp the footie & jhora takes -- cracked me up all d time. OOh, I'm working frm home now doing part-time media relations for events co.s, managing a new moto-x team,helping mom sell kuihs, maths tutor to my 3 schl-going kids, a nanny to a hyper-active baby -- kid No.4, planting more veges at our so-so garden, babysitting sesat jalan persians while awaiting search parties, wishing money grow on trees, etc...

Now, are u reeeelly sure u want to proceed wid Project No. 3 :)

Matapena said...

Anis, you mean you've been reading my blog all these months and NEVER COMMENT? How could you!!!