Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BB WALK...

I went to Bukit Bintang last night. We had dinner at a place a friend recommended on Jalan Alor. (Don't ask ok!) The food was so-so. Nothing to rave about lah so nevermind that!

After dinner took a stroll up Bukit Bintang. Haven't been there in a very long time. I remember that place was at one time my favourite haunt. Loved Metrojaya and the little shops in BB Plaza and Sg Wang Plaza too.

Walking up the street was a shock already. There were a lot of foreigners. A lot! Or is it many...hmmm...The shops along the street were out of Phuket/Petaling Street style. All selling souvenir items at really cheap prices and tonnes of imitation leather goods. The biggest shock and let down for me was BB Plaza itself. It was a mess. They had all these stalls outside selling stuff for Hari Raya. I mean that is fine, it's like a bazaar. But the place was a messy and it looked dingy and run down. The shops there are also not what it used to be. It all looked like they were selling second hand goods and I don't remember it being that way before.

I wanted to take a walk to McDonalds at the corner just to relive some memories. Used to have dates there with a certain somebody from St. John's but you know what? I felt a bit scared walking the streets with my two girls. There were just so many foreigners around. It was not very late, about 9.30pm but I just didn't feel comfortable. So I steered them home.

Imagine I go out at night after so long and get a shock like that. Should have taken some pictures for you but was too shocked I guess. Perhaps next time, NOT!

No comments: