Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Confinement Days

They say taking care of a miscarriage is harder than taking care of a delivery. Hmmmm ... I have been in confinement so to speak since last Wednesday, well Friday lah since I went for the suction and evacuation treatment. I have been resting in bed as best I can, not going up and down the stairs and basically limiting my movements.

Bob has been ferrying the kids to and from school and today I sent him out to buy bread and Ali's milk. He came back with four tins. Bravo!! Or plain lazy to go again next week!?! Men!!! Anyways .... when he came back I asked him if he thought two weeks was sufficient for me to be off my feet, which would make it after Hari Raya.

He shocked me and said try to do the whole works lah, 40 days. I almost screamed. 40 days! Are you nuts? I am going out of my mind already and it has only been 4 days and you want me to do this for 36 days more? Oh well ....

He said he wasn't too sure either but shouldn't it be since a miscarriage is the same as giving birth so I should take all the same steps on my road to recovery.Yes, totally agree. But 40 days is a way bit too long for me. He told me to clarify with "orang tua-tua lah" which is his mom so I called her and she laughed!

She said: "Tak yah lah kurung kat rumah!" Phew!! That is all I wanted to hear anyways. I can go out and do the usual stuff but just be careful. The "pantang" is more for the food intake. To stay away from the cold and windy food. The normal "pantang" lah.

That is no problem, I can do that. But I will stay off my feet at least until Friday so it would be a week exactly. I also will not start driving so soon. Perhaps after we get back from the Hari Raya holidays it would be okay to get behind the wheel again.

My favourite "urut lady" is also coming sometime this week. Of course to get back into shape, urut is part if it rite! He he he he ....

Aw shucks! That means I have to start going down for meals ah? Kinda liked that Queen treatment! Today last lah I eat upstairs ok ah?

No comments: