Friday, September 5, 2008

Pak Samad -- AL Fatihah

We lost a great veteran journalists last night, Tan Sri A. Samad Ismail. He was a great journalist. I personally never worked with him but when I was at the NST, he was still in and out of the office. I remember reading most of his work and of course hearing horror stories of him. He was very garang they say. I used to tiptoe past his office even if I was not there to see him. Stories of him and how he would yell at reporters was well passed around the news room.

Kak Aina, his daughter and also my "boss" at one time or another was a good friend of mine when I was at the NST. She used to give me a lot of good advice about work, life, family and marriage. God Bless you Pak Samad and to the family and Kak Aina, please be strong.

AL Fatihah...

No comments: