Thursday, September 4, 2008

What's cooking??

Today looks like a good day so far. It does look like it is going to rain but I feel much better today than I have over the past few days. Since Sunday I have been suffering from a migraine and am not allowed to take panadol or other medicative help. Finally, my one and only "urut lady" came and she took with her all the pain. I feel much better today. Thanks Ida!

This fasting month has been very kind to us considering as to how it has been raining almost everyday. The worst is to be fasting and its blistering hot. But I did hear that the temperature in Mekkah is as high as 46 degrees. God help our pilgrims performing the umrah. We are very blessed, each one of us, in many ways. It is just sometimes we forget and take things for granted.

*******************************************************************************
A thought to ponder...

My friend, Sherie, sent me an e-mail earlier about this lady in China and how she lived with a broken pot which was used to fill water in everyday. After years of living with the broken pot, the pot finally spoke up and apologised for being useless to her. She said no such thing and explained how much the pot had actually contributed in its own little way. Let the lesson be to us that appearances alone do not matter and no matter how small a role it is, we all have a role to play in life. Of course there was another morale to the story but I can't remember what it is now. I only remember that part of it which I think is quite relevant too!

********************************************************************************

I have not visited any of the Ramadhan Bazaar's yet due to my not being well. I wonder what the spread is like this year. One of my favourites is the one in Subang Jaya and the one in Kelana Jaya. The one in Subang Jaya has this stall that sells the best Laksa Johor in KL that I have found so far lah. Last year I think it was selling at RM4. I wonder how much this year and I hope its still there. My other favourite dish is the char kuey to dip with bubur gandum. Yummy!

Of course we must not forget the popiah basah at Seksyen 14. GGG's have been raving on about it because some of them only now got to try it. It has been there for years babes! In fact it used to be stall in Lucky Gardens a long time ago when I was like 5 or 6 years old. Now they are at the Seksyen 14 pasar every year. The thing is, the queue is endless! Even as early as 2pm!

Since I feel a bit better today, maybe I will make my way there. But it does look like its gonna rain....hmmmm....

What else is cooking in your kitchen?

This is a recipe for steam fish, courtesy of my friend and GGG Adeen:

Put garlic oil, sugar,chicken stock, light soya sauce, water, ginger, thai fish sauce.
All mix together with the fish (suggested fish here is bawal putih)
Then steam about 10-15mins before buka puasa (or makan time) It takes slightly longer for a bigger fish ya....

Nak kuih recipe? Baca buku lah!!!

2 comments:

Matapena said...

Yat, I am still thinking of your oh-so-nice ikan pari masak asam which is quite... heavenly...

*I'm hinting here...

Sundaelicious said...

Ya lah ...just tell me when MP!