Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Today's Musings

I have been out of action these past few days. Explanation is simple, not well. HAH! and also feeling out of it. There are times when you just feel blah!, know what I mean? And these past few days have been like that.

For one, I have been fighting nausea quite badly past few days. And number two, I got into a little situation with one of my GGG. The second one was a bit of a shocker really. Only because it was unexpected, or was it?

I told a friend this morning that friends come in all shapes and sizes and also characters. We take them for what they are right, good and bad etc. There are times when these friends tread on your toes, irritate the daylights out of you or simply made you angry at one time or another. So, when this happens, what do you do? DO you ignore it, throw that friend away or do the big thing and forgive and forget.

Me, well, I like to forgive and forget. I value all of my friends, no matter how small a part they play in my life. But I believe we crossed paths for a reason. Of course I have friends who have hurt me tremendously, but that is part of life rite? That is when I evaluate how much they contribute to my life as a whole, in the past and the present. Then I decide to keep or just change their categories. There has yet to come a time where I throw them out. Usually I just change them into different categories. I don't believe in keeping enemies. You never know when you may need them and vice versa.

But there is this one friend I used to have (NOTE: USED to have). I think she is the only one that I don't consider an acquaintance even. Simple because, she started it. Sounds childish I know but its true. She was the one who did all kinds of crap to me (and there are other friends who got the same treatment from her too) and she was the one who chose simply not to call me a friend anymore. Well, that hurts cause we went through a lot together but she chose it that way. And knowing who she is now and what she has become, we are all better off without her.

What I want to say here is, kiss and make up lah. There is no point sometimes in keeping bad vibes. Yes, sometimes what a friend has done to you is the worst thing ever and you don't know if you could ever trust them again. But don't have to throw them out. Just change their categories and keep them in your list of Facebook friends. Don't ignore their request to be your friend. That is downright mean. You don't have to be bosom buddies anymore but still call them a friend.

4 comments:

Matapena said...

Beautiful post. I think we are always willing to forgive and forget, especially when the things we fight about seems so ridiculous sometimes. But when one is filling to lose friends for stupid things, well, I believe such friends are not worth having around lah...

Sundaelicious said...

Tak pe lah MP. At least you know where you stand. And only when these things happen do you know who your true friends are. I have learnt that many a hard ways....

Matapena said...

Don't worry Yat I will always be your friend! :)

Sundaelicious said...

Vice versa....!