Friday, September 5, 2008

I Suddenly Remembered

Just before Ramadhan me and my BFF's went to have Dim Sum at a new haunt that we found, China Treasures at Sime Darby Convention Centre. We go there quite regularly lah and we have our favourite dishes already. Recently they started offering buffet at RM35++ I think. But the food is good. Their dishes are a bit limited compared to Mei San at Quality Hotel but the quality is a top notch higher.

Our favourite there is the egg tarts, they serve it hot cause they cook to order. The egg is really soft and the pastry just melts in your mouth. Seriously, if you are an egg tart fan, this is a must there.

Nazlin all smiles after the meal. We were so hungry I forgot to take pictures of all the food lah!

Another dish I like is the egg's nest shrimp stuff. It looks like kuih karas. It is all crunchy on the outside and so soft inside. The chicken feet is another favourite of mine. Fara and Nazlin don't like chicken feet but I got Fara hooked on them too. It ain't that bad. It is sweet and soft and the "lemak" is yummy. The fried carrot cake with special sauce is really good too. The yam cake is also delicious. As I said the best thing about this place is all is served hot.

Service tends to be a bit slow because of the hot food delivery but its worth it. I haven't tried their other dishes other than the dim sum but from what I reckon, they are doing pretty well.

Dessert is nit bad either. My personal favourite is the pamelo with mango sauce. The mango sauce is hot and creamy and you get bits of biji selasih and sweet/bitter pamelo in it. Nazlin likes the dragon fruit with ice cream. This is really a fantastic creation. They mix the dragon fruit with bubur hitam and put a dollop of vanilla on top. Fara ordered this pudding dessert and it was horrible. Actually when the waitress was taking our order she was on the phone with a supplier I think so she simply pointed at the menu. Her dessert really sucked that day....

Nazlin tried it and tried hard not to spit it out! She said it tasted worst than ubat!!

So early on a Ramadhan morning and I am thinking of Dim Sum already. Oh well ... I can just imagine the tastes!!

No comments: